About Us

About Us

The Richmond Tasting House is located in the heart of historic Richmond Village in beautiful southern Tasmania. The Tasting House building has a past which begins in the early 1820's, as the Coach House for the Bridge Inn. It was mainly used for keeping not only the horses and their gear clean and dry; but it was also for the coach house boy. As far as we can find out, the building was a Coach House for the Bridge Inn, then changed into a dance hall for the local community. Then there was a total change again and the building became known as the local bakery. During this time, the buildings around were built, including the Richmond Bakery and the bakery relocated. Then along came Lark Distillery. Finally in 2003 the Tasting House found its home and in 2009 Jules and Vanessa established a business partnership to takeover the business.  In 2011, Vanessa left the partnership to pursue other interests and Jules continues to operate the business as the proud sole owner.  After some hard work and renovations, this heritage building with its gorgeous open fire is the ideal location to taste local whisky wines, cheeses and produce. We also own and operate Coal River Valley Wine Tours and Coal River Valley Food and Wine Club  and our online shop. For further information on Richmond Village please click here
( www.richmondvillage.com.au )
Beautiful birds at the Richmond bridge
Image supplied courtesy of Tourism Tasmania and Michael Walters Photography
Beautiful picture of Richmond bridge
Image supplied courtesy of Tourism Tasmania and Nick Osborne
Share by: